Monday, May 7, 2012

Saturday Shopping: Flea-o-logy

I have to share what we did on Saturday--we drove 85 miles to Payson, Utah, for the Flea-o-logy Flea Market!  I had three kids that wanted to come (three stayed home with daddy), so we made a day of it.  We went from a flea market to IKEA to Pottery Barn to Restoration Hardware—we really covered the whole spectrum!

ANYway, I didn’t remember to take along my camera, so imagine my surprise when the Flea-o-logy blog included this picture:

The three chicklets looking at the metal toilet plunger (what IS that thing?) are mine, and so is lovely pink…back.  Winking smile

Then I also noticed we made an appearance on the Pollyanna Reinvents blog (she’s one of the creators of Flea-o-logy):

I hate to admit it, but I didn’t buy…much. I am *terrible* at making snap decisions, so I tend to make no decisions at all! The things I thought I couldn’t live without—were always in other people’s arms!

I adore just “looking” though, whether or not I buy anything.

How about you?  Are you a flea market fan?

14 comments:

Michelle A-Y said...

If you stuck that old metal "toilet" plunger in to a big pot of hot water, lye soap and clothing you would be a vintage washing machine! I heard of it called a clothes agitator with your elbow grease the power behind the cleaning action:) I wish I could get have gotten my kids to go with me to flea markets - now I have a few short years to interest my grandkids in it...

Sue at Serendipity said...

Terrific picture and lovely girlies! I believe that metal thing is for laundry and not toilet plunging. LOL at the thought of the clogs that could handle though.....

Darci said...

We have a Restoration hardware?!? Where is it??

Vicki/Jake said...

Ha, Payson...one of my ol stomping grounds! Haven't been there for awhile but always loved the celebration on Labor Day weekend. Didn't know about this one. I was a flea market junky but don't have the room anymore...Still love to look:)

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

LOVE IT!!! Oh Yes, I have to sleep on a decision...I live with a TIGHT FLEA BUDGET and stick by it! ALTHOUGH I sometimes find myself having nightmares over leaving a good bargain! I can't believe how LUCKY YOU WERE to be the STAR of the market in "PICTURES"! How Sweet...
Have a FUN WEEK,
Hugs,
Donna

Eclectically Vintage said...

Just grab it and hold onto it! If you don't want it, you can always put it down but someone may scoop it up while you're deciding!

And I am LOVING your map wall treatment in your office!
Kelly

Special 'K' said...

So wish I didn't live on the other side of the world. Great prics and treasures. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Shahzaib Dyer said...

very usefull for very usefull for us…thanks.us…thanks.



online shopping in pakistan

Beth said...

It always seems like the good flea markets are in other states - far away. I have to have a vision and actual purpose to buy something at flea markets these days. They seem so expensive anymore, but they usually have the best stuff!

Gayle said...

Hey Korrie - I was there too!(for the first time ever) My friend bought much more than I did, but I love the vintage suitcase I found......

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Had to giggle the first time I seen one I thought that what is was also lol Nope its for washing clotes

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I'm just very impressed that three of your kids WANTED to come to a flea market and those other stops! I'm kind of like you -- I'm pretty picky about what I buy and usually try to go with a list of what I'm looking for and stick to it.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I can make decisions easily to buy at a flea market, but sometimes hesitate at the auction, and then it really is gone, if you didn't bid high enough.

Copper (Annalisa) said...

hey, I'm in those pics as well - back to the camera towards the back of the pictures (second from left).

It was a great time - I had to go through three times!