Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Table

For the past three years, I have been part of a “Dinner Group.”  Twelve women get together for a pot-luck supper on the 3rd Wednesday of each month, rotating so each gets the chance to play hostess.

Last night, it was my turn!

It’s not too fancy, but I thought I’d show you my holiday table.

Someday I hope to have a beautiful farmhouse table and lots of pretty dishes…(or maybe not…I don’t look forward to figuring out how to store them)…

Table 001-1

…but for now my every day dishes, cups, and silverware work just fine. They just get dressed up a little for Christmas!  I used miniature glittery Christmas balls for napkin rings.  I have NEVER used napkin rings before!  This is super fancy for me!

Table 003

My “12 Days of Christmas” tablecloth and napkins (purchased after Christmas several years ago) get pressed into service often during the holidays because I love them so much(mostly I ignore niceties like tablecloths).  I dressed up the center of the table with ribbons running the length of the table, and a gathered strip of tulle in the middle.

Table 005

One of my lovely poinsettias that I showed here was dying (no, I don’t know what I did to it), so I clipped off the good blooms and placed them in a few old bottles.  If you don’t know the trick to preserving poinsettia blooms, here it is:  you have to burn the ends of the stems right after cutting.  Who knew? 

Table 002

Then I added a few glittery Christmas ornaments and lots of snowflakes and stars around everything.

Table 004

It was strangely satisfying to set a pretty table!  Maybe I’ll be hooked now!

Don’t count on it.

*******************************************

Don’t forget to enter the Giani Granite Giveaway!  Ends 12/26.

14 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I think the table is beautiful. Sounds like fun times. The flowered are gorgeous.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Carol said...

It is a beautiful table... I think next year I'll do a fancy table for a change. You've impressed me :0)

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful! And I'm sure all the ladies loved your new counter top paint job...?! And maybe you'll find a place in the new house for a nice vintage china cabinet thingy you can put pretty dishes and stuff in.
Merry Christmas, Korrie!

Gypsy Heart said...

Really, really pretty! I love the way you did the poinsettia stems.
I'm sure everyone had a great time!

xo
Pat

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Your table looks Beautiful. Love the pointsettias.

Rachel said...

Pretty Korrie! The few times that I fix a nice table I find it quite fun and satisfying. Not satisfying enough to do it very often though.....

Ali Richardson said...

SO pretty Korrie!! Great job :)

Beth said...

I like your table scape! It's pretty without getting in the way of visiting with the people across the table. That's usually my hubby's argument with decorating the table.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It looks so pretty, Korrie! I love that tablecloth, although, I don't use them much either! But who says we can't appreciate the pretty ones. Merry Christmas!

Perfect Imperfections by Jeanne said...

Your table looks so festive Korrie! I think the plain white dishes work perfect with all the other color going on. What a fun table!

Practical Parsimony said...

Vwey pretty! I got my Christmas tablecloth after Christmas and on sale, too. White dishes that can be used all year long are so much more practical than seasonal dishes. Okay, that's my opinion and what I do for Christmas.

Practical Parsimony said...

Very...I don't lisp in real life, just on the internet...lol.

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

It's very pretty! You can never go wrong with white dishes because they'll look good with everything. Thanks for the tip on poinsettias. I had no idea!

Jenna and Daniel said...

I was lovely. Thanks for a great evening!