Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tres Chic!

This project has been featured at:
PhotobucketThe DIY Show Off

Thanks!!

*************************************************************************

I have been caught up in the number craze for quite some time now.... I have put numbers on stools, dressers, and desks! And I haven't tired of them yet.

So when I was lucky enough to find two sets of stools just before the Spring Market, I decided to number those as well.

Here are three oak bar stools before:


...and here are the three oak bar stools after a little dark walnut stain, white paint, and number words...but in French!


The next set of bar stools intrigued me because of their metal bases:


If I were guessing, I'd say that these originally had puffy vinyl seats on them, but they had obviously been replaced with these boring wood rounds. I decided to make them a little less boring...and I am so sorry that I don't have better "after" pictures; that got forgotten in the excitement of the day!

So here's a glimpse. I painted the tops in aqua blue, and used silver paint for numerals in brackets. Then washed over the tops with diluted white acrylic paint.

The number craze...I'm a proud fanatic! :-)



Photobucket

HookingupwithHoH

Furniture Feature Fridays

My Repurposed Life

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special



The DIY Show Off

Boogieboard Cottage

21 comments:

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Now these are fun!

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

The aqua tops are so fun! I imagine them around a cute bistro table in a sunny kitchen for a pop of color.

Full Circle Creations said...

Love it! Love the bright pop of color. I'm on the look out for bar stools for the kitchen island I'm building. Now you've given me a great idea!

Holly

Rachel said...

It's all good when being a fanatic turns out such cute stuff!

Dawn said...

Oh my gosh! I totally LOVE the french ones!!!

rachel said...

Just saw your stools over at MMS. I had to come over and tell you how much I adore them!

Rachel
xoxo

Iesha Williams said...

Uber cute. I'm passing on to you the Versatile Blogger Award.

foreverdecorating said...

Girl, you are crazy good. I just posted and have joined to this party (Funky Junk) bar stools that I stenciled numbers on for my daughter's apartment. So come on over and check it out. I love a good makeover don't you?

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

These are just darling~ I am loving numbers too and recently numbered the backs of the french bistro chairs I used in my outdoor space makeover. Love that look! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Deborah March said...

LOVE the wooden stools! Now PLEASE share how you did the script numbers! (and thank you so much for your sweet comment on my puny little blog...) ♥ ♥

Laura said...

I love the French numbering on the stools. I had thought about redoing our stools to say "sit" and "stay awhile", but I think I love the French numbers better. Thank you for the inspiration! Laura at bandbnest.blogspot.com!

Mary said...

I love this! I'd like to invite you to post it on Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage. The link will be up all week, I hope you can join in. Have a nice week, Mary :O)

Junky Vagabond said...

Anything french gets me in a flash! Love the un, deux, trois and also the roman numerals! Cute!

Jill @ JunkyVagabond

Roeshel said...

I love both sets, Korrie! The boring outdated oak ones have so much charm now. I love the blue on the metal ones and that clock table top too! I'm including a link back in tomorrow's DIY highlights! ;)

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity in the DIY Project Parade!

Roeshel

Barb@curlywillowdiy said...

I just found you thru the linky parties and I'm now following. Super cute stools. I'm looking for five stools with personality and would really love to find some that look like these.

Cassie Bustamante said...

those are exactly what i want when i redo my kitchen! they are awesome!!!!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I love both sets of stools! Great job Korrie!
"catching" you this week.
thanks for linking up and linking back to catch as catch can.
gail

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

I love the metal ones. The seat color is so pretty! Saw your project at Gail's Catch as Catch can highlights.

Allison@FabRehab said...

Suuuuper cute!! Love that color!

Christa @ Stories of a House said...

I saw these featured on Primitive and Proper ahd had to come over and see! I LOVE what you have done with those stools - very inspiring :)

Cathy said...

Because of your work I went hunting for an overhead projector and found one. What an ingenious idea. Love it, love it, love it. And now I can do the same thing. Thanks so much!!!