Friday, September 24, 2010

Imitation

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"...I hope!

I saw this adorable candy corn at Chapman Place:

I have a candy-corn-loving sister, so I knew I had to try to make some for her. My version is considerably more "rustic" looking; obviously I haven't mastered the use of the jigsaw yet! But they still turned out pretty cute.

I hope she likes them!

The beadboard I had on hand from another project. The 2x6 board was from the cull bin at Home Depot. I had to buy three new colors of craft paint ($1/each), but the other stuff I had on hand!


 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/


Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties

8 comments:

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

How cute!!! My kids absolutely love candy corn!!

Holly @ BeachCoveJewelry said...

Those are so cute!

Jessica said...

I think you did a wonderful job recreating my candycorn. Love it! I like that you used bigger nails... Cute, cute, cute!

Jessica @ Chapman Place

Jill said...

These are so cute! I love how bright and vibrant your colors are! Also, I don't think I've ever actually had candy corn!

Thanks for linking up!

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

Such a cute project!
I have given you an award.Go see it at:

http://thriftstoredecorjunky.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-won-award.html

Anonymous said...

Visiting from Thrifty Store Decor Junky - and I LOVE these candy corns! I actually have a set in the works myself! But I love the rustic look of yours a lot! Great job!

Rachel said...

OH! I love the bead board idea!

Ashlee Marie said...

Very cute, and they look just fine in shape! I bet your sister loves them! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's.