Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ever Autumn

Remember the little summery pots I showed here? There are actually four, and they were 25 cents each at Target. I painted them, used my Cricut to cut numbers out of cardstock for them, and filled them with some fake boxwood greenery.

Well, after visiting Jhenna's blog, I decided they needed to change for the season!

I visited Dollar Tree and came home with three sprigs of fall leaves and some floral foam.



See how good I am at cutting the floral foam. Each piece fits perfectly! (not!)

I cut apart the leaves and divided them among the pots. I should have purchased at least one more, probably two sprigs. I gave up on filling the fourth pot! But I know where to get more leaves!
I think they turned out pretty cute!
This is definitely what my table needs. So much nicer that school papers, Harry Potter books, toys, lotions, etc. etc.!


I have mentioned before that my house is pretty much always Autumn-inspired! Here's a glimpse of what I mean!


My walls in my living room hold my favorite artwork...


...and it's all Autumn-related! The painting (above-left) was painted by my very talented older sister. I stole it out of my parents house about a dozen years ago. The preserved leaves on the right is one of my past Swiss Days purchases. (More about my love affair with Swiss Days here.)

This is my favorite set of leaves, and the first one I ever bought. The people who made these beautiful arrangements weren't at Swiss Days this year...I was so sad.

The leaf on the left is from the same people. On the right is a photograph (also a Swiss Days purchase), and the preserved leaves next to that were a Craigslist purchase that my sister-in-law re-matted and framed for me.

Hmm...now that I think about it, is my living room an Ode to Autumn?? Or an Ode to Swiss Days??


The gourds are from Swiss Days too!

Linking to the DIY Fall Festival.


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

8 comments:

AmericKim said...

Your house is beautiful. I love the pots of fall color.

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

Love the little pots. I need to get me a Cricut fast! lol

Lydia said...

I have never even heard of Swiss Days. Thanks for sharing- LOVE your leaf wall art.

Jhenna said...

Your house is lovely! I love your cute pots and what a steal of a deal! Thank you to linking vack to my blog that was very sweet!

Rachel said...

Either way, it's a good ode. :D Promise.

KimMalk said...

I really like your little leaf pots. The fall colors and decor look so nice in your home.

Terrell said...

Oh these are just darling!! way to go! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and would love to have you as a friend at FrouFrou Decor! I would also like to invite you to link up your sweet creations to my weekly Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ FrouFrou Decor~

Jill said...

Beautiful!! And there's nothing wrong with autumn all year round! It's just that awesome!