Monday, September 6, 2010

Cloche happy

This spring those little cheese-dome cloches were popping up all over blogland. There were so many; I have no idea who to give the credit to for my version!

I will admit...I went a little cloche-happy. I made not one...not two...but FIVE. What's a girl to do when she finds three matching wood candle holders of varying heights? Make three more cloches, that's what! (I bet you knew I was going to say that.)


I originally painted these three black, white, and turquoise...and then they sat...and sat...and sat on my counter. There is NOTHING turquoise in my house! I finally traded in the turquoise for Butternut Yellow, and found some things from around the house to put in them before I had company for dinner last night!


The yellow one has a pinecone and a couple of sprigs of fake berries. The white one has some seed pods and berries I swiped out of a potpourri mix. The black one has a rock and a few more sprigs of berries.

This is about as fancy as my table gets! I do like bringing out my Indian table-runner during the fall. It was my first ever quilting project!


And the chandelier gets a garland of orange-y berries wrapped around it. Fall is my favorite!


The DIY Show Off

Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties


HookingupwithHoH
Photobucket
Linking up to the DIY Fall Festival!

8 comments:

decor4poor@blogspot.com said...

Looks great! I just love seeing the cloche makeovers.

The Frosted Gardner said...

I want new countertops as well! It is resonable!

Diane said...

Lovvve the cloches. They look great on your table. Yep, I've been seeing these all over blogland and I want one soooo bad Ü

mle said...

Wow! I thought I was a lucky duck to find 1 & you've got 5?!
Love how you clustered them together : )

Unknown said...

Love that table runner. It is so cute, especially with your beautiful cloches display.

Ashlee Marie said...

the cloches are very pretty, and I LOVE the berries around the chandelier! Very pretty~! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

Rachel said...

Well I'm out of the loop! What in the world is a cloche! I can see from your photos but how do you make them? I'm thinking I need one.. or two.... or three because we all know you need an odd number for decorating which totally makes sense that you have five!

Jill said...

So jealous, I'm always on the hunt for cloches but still haven't been successful!